Saturday, April 4, 2015

Greek Sandals, Part II


 So, after I purchased my two new pairs of Greek sandals from shops in the Plaka, a fellow student told me about the famous place to buy Greek Sandals, Melissinos - The Sandal Poet. This shop is legendary because they make the sandals right in the shop, and specially fit your foot and straps so you have the best Greek sandals ever! Apparently, many stars have gotten sandals here, as well as the priestesses of Apollo for their torch ceremony for the last Olympics held here in Athens! Pretty cool, huh?

Well, I had to have some of these sandals, too!


When we went, it was pretty packed. In fact, a couple of my fellow students were there, too! So we all squeezed into a tiny shop, and somehow we all got fitted and happy with our new Greek sandals. 


I liked how the sandal designs were named - you could choose the Socrates, the Caesar or Cleopatra (which is pretty popular, actually), or the Spartan. I chose the Kimon, since it is a pretty simple slip-into type. They were comparable in price to the others, around 35 euro.


check them out on Facebook





1 comment:

Ari C'rona said...

Love your foot shots!